Gastrointestinal Steering Committee
The NCI Gastrointestinal Intergroup was the first disease-specific group to transition into a Disease-Specific Steering Committee (DSSC) as the Gastrointestinal Steering Committee (GISC). This transition occurred in January 2006. The GISC is currently composed of the Steering Committee and seven specific disease-site task forces. Members of the GISC include all Cooperative Group gastrointestinal disease committee chairs, representatives from Specialized Programs of Research Excellence (SPOREs), Cancer Center and R01/P01 investigators along with community oncologists, biostatistician(s), patient advocates and NCI staff.
The GISC functions to harmonize an efficient, cost-effective, science-driven, and transparent process that will identify and promote the "Best Science" in gastrointestinal cancer clinical research by addressing the design and prioritization of phase III trials in gastrointestinal cancer and large phase II studies.
Roster of Gastrointestinal Steering Committee (GISC) members
Dan Haller, M.D., Neal Meropol, M.D., and Bruce Minsky, M.D., Co-chairs
- Colon Cancer: Axel Grothey, M.D., Chair and Lee Ellis, M.D., Vice Chair
- Esophago-Gastric Cancer: David Ilson, M.D., Ph.D., Lawrence Kleinberg, M.D., Chair and Manish A. Shah, M.D., Vice Chair
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors: Charles Blanke, M.D., Chair
- Hepatobiliary Cancer: Michael A. Choti, M.D., Chair and Ghassan Abou-Alfa, M.D., Vice Chair
- Neuroendocrine Cancer: Matthew Kulke, M.D., Chair and James C. Yao, M.D., Vice Chair
- Pancreatic Cancer: Eileen M. O'Reilly, M.D., Chair and Andrew Lowy, M.D., Vice Chair
- Rectal/Anal Cancer: Elin Sigurdson, M.D., Ph.D., Chair and Lisa A. Kachnic, M.D., Vice Chair
Clinical Trial Planning Meetings (CTPMs): Goal of Clinical Trial Planning Meetings, and List of CTPM Executive Summaries and Publications
To search all active clinical trials, go to: http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/search
CCCT Contact: Susan Rossi, Ph.D., M.P.H.