Patient Advocate Steering Committee
The Patient Advocate Steering Committee (PASC) works to ensure that advocates involved with the Disease-Specific Steering Committees (DSSC) and their task forces are effectively and consistently integrated with the development, implementation, and monitoring of clinical trials within those groups. PASC membership is composed of the patient advocate members of the DSSC.
The PASC functions to
- develop and share best practices for patient advocate interactions in scientific steering committees;
- identify common concerns and potential solutions to address the concerns;
- identify training needs and work with appropriate bodies to develop and implement training;
- disseminate DSSC information to the appropriate advocacy communities;
- communicate information from and to Task Force advocates; and
- ensure that the concept evaluations include consideration for the patient community at large with a special focus on minority and underserved populations.
Roster of Patient Advocate Steering Committee (PASC) members
Elizabeth Frank and Mary Jackson Scroggins, Co-chairs
Clinical Trial Planning Meetings (CTPMs): Goal of Clinical Trial Planning Meetings, and List of CTPM Executive Summaries and Publications