Symptom Management and Health-Related Quality of Life Steering Committee
The Symptom Management and Health-Related Quality of Life (SxQOL) Steering Committee (SC) was established in April 2006. The core committee membership includes representatives from the Community Clinical Oncology Program (CCOP) Research Bases, R01 investigators, community oncologists, biostatisticians, patient advocates, and NCI Staff.
The SxQOL SC
- reviews and prioritizes symptom management intervention clinical trial concepts to be conducted through the CCOP mechanism,
- provides input to studies with secondary quality-of-life (QOL) endpoints in Cooperative Group treatment studies,
- develops prioritization criteria for QOL studies that are eligible for proposed Correlative Science/QOL set aside funds, and
- convenes Clinical Trial Planning Meetings (CTPM) to identify critical questions and prioritize key strategies related to side effects of cancer, cancer treatment, and patients quality of life.
Roster of Symptom Management and Health-Related Quality of Life (SxQOL) Steering Committee (SC) members
Michael J. Fisch, M.D., M.P.H., and Karen Mustian, Ph.D., M.P.H. Co-chairs
- Cancer-Related Fatigue Working Group: Paul Jacobsen, M.D. and Ann O'Mara, Ph.D., R.N., Co-chairs
Clinical Trial Planning Meetings (CTPMs): Goal of Clinical Trial Planning Meetings, and List of CTPM Executive Summaries and Publications
To search all active clinical trials, go to: http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/search
CCCT Contact: Susan Rossi, Ph.D., M.P.H.